A freshly made authentic Indian meal would typically start with pleasing your eyes before teasing your taste buds. The herbs and spices involved in the making of each ingredient are carefully cooked in a specific style to maximize taste while minimizing nutrient loss. And no doubt there is a lot of science in an Indian kitchen that straightly dictates your overall physical and mental health.
The fact that it makes you feel hungry as soon as you look at it and the tremendous knowledge handling taste, texture and nutrition are enough of an evidence of the Indian culinary wisdom.
In the picture below is an Andhra style meal — one cup of rice served with a vegetable curry, one pickle, one curd-based chutney, dried curry leaf powder topped with a little spoon of fresh ghee… and of course a yummy ripe banana.
Enjoy the meal.
People influence you in many indirect and subtle ways. Whether your interaction with a man is good or bad, there is always a lesson for you.. May be you learnt how to talk better, how not to initiate/end a conversation, handle a situation, opened up a new life style option or just realized how important your other friends are..
He could have funded your meal silently, or just your food for thought. He could have sponsored your journey to realization or just poked your ego for good.
You never know, until “you” introspect deeply. Never ever get offended by a person. And always appreciate them.
తలగడ కూడా లేకుండా నేలమీద పడుకుని ఒళ్ళుమరిచి నిద్రపోయిన రోజుల్నించి,
ఇంటిముందు గేటు మీద జాజి పందిరి పరిచిన ఆహ్లాదపు సాయంత్రాల్నించి,
పెరట్లోని పాడి ఆవు పాలతో పాటు పంచిన ప్రేమామృతపు జ్ఞాపకాల్నించి,
పక్కింటి నాని గాడు పాలకోసం గుక్కతిప్పకుండా ఏడిస్తే కనుక్కోవడానికి వెళ్లిన అమ్మ అక్కడే కబుర్లు చెప్తూ ఉండిపోతే, వంటింట్లో మాడిపోయిన వంకాయ కూర వాసనల్నించి..
ఎంత దూరం వచ్చేసాం మనం?
అలుపు తెలియని పరుగులో అదుపు లేని బతుకులో, ఆకాశ హర్మ్యాల మధ్య అనంత జన వాహినిలో,
ఆనవాలు లేని అంతరాత్మతో, అస్తిత్వపు సంక్షోభంతో, ఆశనిరాశల సందిగ్ధంతో, అసలేమీ చెయ్యలేని అసహాయతతో ..
ఎంత దూరం వచ్చేసాం మనం?
భోగి పొద్దున సెగల అంచున వేడి కాగిన వెర్రి బాల్యం
సంకురాతిరి సందెవేళల సిగ్గులొలికిన కౌమారం
కనుమ పగటిని కక్కముక్కల కాకతీరిన యౌవనం
అన్నిపోయెను సున్న మిగిలెను అయిన చావదు చాంచల్యం
మంచి మరచెను సుద్ది విరచెను మనిషి మనిషినె కుంగదీసేను
కరడుగట్టిన గుండెలు పట్టుకు మరెంత దూరం వచ్చేసాం మనం?
Do you cook once and eat it for a week? yuck! (sorry, I honestly didn’t mean to insult you) Are you killing your kid’s taste buds and enthusiasm with stale, reheated, boring food? Don’t you agree defrozen items from a Microwave Oven can never ever compare with a Mother’s warm and fresh magic delicacy?
In a world obsessed with Calories but not Kitchen Wisdom, at times when eating out is considered convenient and fashionable but cooking your daily food is looked down, with families hardly having enough time to cook, sit down and eat together, if your kid is NOT saying this everyday, every week, at least once in an year, then you as a parent is a complete failure:
“<grins>Mommy! You are the best cook in the world</grins>”
PYKFTW – NTWFYK
In the Pic below is one of the super man snacks that a kid can get… minapasunni
“ఇంటికి ఇనుము – ఒంటికి మినుము” కదా మరి 🙂
Categories: తెలుగు, family, food, fun, health, indian, kids, kitchen, my, suggestions, traditional recipes
Tags: blackgram recipes, enthusiasm, food, indian, kids, kitchen, minapasunni, parents, super food, taste buds, traditional recipes, wisdom
- Every Sunday afternoon
- You and your spouse are a team
- Each team plays 3 games with all other teams on that day
- Potluck or Pizza Lunch
- Entry fee $10 (to start with) and the lady in winning team takes all
Lets have some fun as adults. Bring your kids too but focus on your own game. They can play separately :). We can drop the entry fee if none of the teams are interested in OR we can bump it up, bet separately likes if someone wanna become a little richer by the evening 🙂
This is an open invitation welcoming you all to get hands on and have some fun. Beer and wine are on the house 🙂
Please feel free to ping me for any questions or directions.
Categories: california, entertainment, family, food, friends, fun, my
Tags: adults, beer, bet, championship, family, foosball, fun, rich, sunday, wine
I didn’t realize at first but that is a freshly baked French baguette served with Israeli olive oil from the Arbel mountains at the Sea of Galilee, sprinkled with Italian seasoning and the famous Californian garlic salt… truly Global cuisine? haha, no, a globetrotter’s humble dinner I would say 🙂
I finally figured it out and its my responsibility to share this secret recipe with the rest of the world. Whenever a husband communicates with his wife, he must remember these 3 rules: 1) Say it with love; 2) Say it softly; 3) Say it again… I bet you will never have a communication problem again.. for all the marital bliss for eternity.. All the best to you.
Categories: analysis, తెలుగు, emotions, family, fun, life, my, philosophy, recipes, world
Tags: మళ్ళీ, ముద్దుగా, మెత్తగా, better, bliss, communication, husband, Love, marital, men, recipe, repeat, secret, soft, wife, women
millet mania continues.. The #sunday #experiment with the finger millet balls and horsegram rasam turns out be finger-licking delicious.
And the 2-tea spoons of rice would keep it all together.
Categories: తెలుగు, experiments, food, health, kitchen, my, recipes, traditional recipes
Tags: balls, finger millet, horsegram, indian, mudda, mudde, ragi, rasam, recipes, traditional, ulavacharu, ulavalu
If you are an energy freak but likes a zero glucose, zero fat, zero cholesterol recipe, then this wonder combination with superb amounts of soluble Fiber, symbiotic bacteria, Iron, Potassium and Zinc will be on your menu, salute the Leguminosae. You don’t need guts of steel to digest these but the health burst will surely be visible the next time you go for a hike or hit the gym.. Along with that heavy coat of nicely baked onions and ginger, this will also help tune your body to maintain a steady temperature no matter what the weather is.. Try it out and lemme know. Traditional Indian Recipes never let you down 🙂 #sunday #experiment
Categories: experiments, family, food, fun, health, indian, kitchen, my, recipes, suggestions, traditional recipes
Tags: black eyed peas, body temperature, energy, ginger, horse gram, indian, iron, legumes, leguminosae, nitrogen, onions, potassium, recipes, sinc, soluble fiber, symbiotic bacteria, traditional, zero cholesterol, zero fat
తాజా కరివేపాకు ఘుమఘుమల కమ్మటి నూలుపప్పు పచ్చడితో వేడి వేడి గారెల కొండను ఢీకొందాం!
Categories: family, food, health, kitchen, my, recipes, traditional recipes
Tags: black lentil, garelu, indian, recipe, traditional, urad, vada
I didn’t see a better example for something that was running in my mind for many months, what can be so wrong with a cuttable kitchen-ready coconut?
No, there is nothing wrong with the coconut or the business model that made it ready for the kitchen. You don’t have to worry about breaking it, no hassle with the safety of your fingers, right?
But the problem is its too much of a convenience. At the cost of what? They cut the coconut in two halves and then drained the actual tasty water that was inside (probably there was another business around bottled coconut water). Then they sealed the two halves with a hard ‘wax’ after filling the space with distilled water and some air. That water is labelled ‘undrinkable’ and you have to drain it after “cutting your coconut” into two nice pieces with a normal kitchen knife.
So far, so good. If you want a coconut along with its natural refreshing water, then buy a normal coconut and break it yourself. Or if you want the convenience and pleasure of cutting it with a normal knife, then buy this.
I thought a ‘convenience’ is something that makes my life easy. The ‘cost’ I am paying in return, often goes into fine print and I was made to conveniently miss it.
There are tons of such conveniences in our every day life and we are silently paying a price. Our lives were just good without any of these conveniences but we chose them, we pay a price and we miss something in the process, something natural, something good.
Don’t jump into any conclusions yet, but lemme give you few more examples:
- We were walking, cycling or taking a public transport to go to a workplace or a museum etc, but now with the transport ‘conveniences’, we go there by a car. Lets not talk about congestion, pollution and global warming now, NOT YET.
- We were buying fresh vegetables, or grow them in backyard, or store them for a short period of time, but with all the storage ‘conveniences’, you hardly eat fresh vegetables but just keep them in refrigerator for a very long time, I have seen people frequently throwing away rotten veggies and spoiled meats, almost every week. Lets not talk about the cost of growing and the cumulative loss now, NOT YET.
- Many of the families have even given up cooking as a daily activity, with the advent of all cuisine ‘conveniences’, that they just eat out every day.. almost every day. I can’t even imagine myself in their shoes but lets not talk about MSDs, health hazards, carcinogenic preservatives used in restaurants and their lethal impact now, NOT YET.
- We were playing outdoor games on a daily basis or spending lot of time outdoors otherwise, but with all the living room ‘conveniences’, we are stuck to TV, I mean your every day entertainment whatever it is. Tell me what is used more frequently? Your TV or your treadmill? Be frank.
- We used to remember by heart, at least 20 phone numbers, another 20 full postal addresses, at least 200 names of people in every day life, people at the vegetable market, grocery store, bus conductors, autowallahs and who not? And the thousands of interactions it triggered, hudreds of relationships and tens of friends. But with all the electronic ‘conveniences’, we hardly remember 2 phone numbers. We don’t go out for shopping groceries, clothes, books at all. The e-commerce is slowly taking it away and yes, there is a ‘one-click’ ordering convenience too. Lets not talk about how many businesses are shutting down in your local area now and the wonderful personal moments you missed just like that, NOT YET.
- We used to go out with different kinds of people and when a true difference came up, we fought, we patched up and then we moved on. We lived a 100 years together in spite of all our differences. But with the advent of friendship ‘conveniences’, you go out with like-minded people. you cut down your risk of getting into a difference. Lets not talk about how you just screwed your mind into a comfy-zone and forever denied it an opportunity to evolve, and thereby run into relationship issues later, NOT YET.
In fact, this list is endless. I don’t want to sound ridiculous or unwelcoming of the modern day changes or the techy pleasantries we enjoy having accustomed to live with.
But I want you to consciously look out and understand the price you are paying for the convenience you are claiming. I am sure it will change your life and lifestyle.
Thanks for reading.
Categories: analysis, entertainment, friends, fun, health, home, life, my, suggestions, urban, world
Tags: conveniences, cost, human, lifestyle, modern, urban, world, wrong