2700 miles and 8 days can’t really justify a roadtrip circling the Utah’s Mighty Five (minus one, we couldn’t plan anything in the capitol reef due to lack of time). But the stunning memories of rock and ice beauty would forever be your cherished possessions. Touring the Zion, Bryce, Arches and Canyonlands National parks have certainly elevated my spirits, may be because I personally believe, if I ever have to visualize my heart and mind in a comparative form, that would be rocks and ice in monumental sizes ;):P #cold #rock I would say.. hehe.. Jokes apart, it was a wonderful tour covering so many great geological features and nature’s sheer beauty that its extremely hard to compile it all into a single blog post.
- My first solo hike in -24°C is the most beautiful so far
- Kolob canyons made me drive backwards in snow for a quarter mile in the exact track I went ahead. Rear view mirror is your only source. No other option.
- We did our first family hike in sub-zero temperatures at -7°C
- We hiked the hoodoos in winter #navaho #loop #bryce
- We were stuck in a passing snow storm and took 1 and a half hour to drive 2 miles in blinding snow fall with no trace of a human or any tire marks on a valley road. And that so happened on one of the most scenic drives between Zion and Bryce. Not scenic at that time ;(
- Another family hike to the Delicate Arch, the slick rock, the ridge walk and the slope to the Arch are so very tensively beautiful
- A family self-rescue on a very slippery icy track to Landscape arch, thanks to my crampons, hike unfinished.
- Walking the slot canyons will take you back in time by a million years for sure, as we did the Lower Antelope Canyon.
- Getting away from civilization will teach you the importance of a social life ;):P
- Driving through the Monument Valley is like driving into a movie set
Take a look at the pics. I better be brief in words but I sincerely wish you take the same journey to appreciate and experience the amazing states of Utah and Arizona.
the beginning of it all..No hiking on first day as all trails were closed.
the famous entrance to the zion-carmel-tunnel, once was the largest of its kind, its thru a solid mountain.
where is the road? which way to go? come on… try it.
count your last minutes in heat.. Now we know why the Sun is a God.
Lucky deers.. lots of freedom, lots of snow.. exactly what I want.
Get away.. please.
you feel like getting down everywhere, but you can’t of course 🙂
please please get away.
And that one pic for my bumble bee 🙂
lesson lesson everywhere. Too much play in snow is a lesson.
upclose with the Thor’s Hammer at -7°C
you would love driving those roads.
zion to bryce via carmel tunnel is my most memorable drive so far.. so memorable that i drove back there again during daytime after the storm and checked the road that pulled my balls into the mouth a night before. What happened was a bollywood movie plot
my first hike at -24°C is the most beautiful so far.
Don’t slip. Stay to your right. Use your poles. Tight ridge walking to the Delicate Arch.
Do you see the Ms.World 2017 in this picture?
Kids’ 10th hike is to the famous Delicate Arch
get away, get away.. pl pl pl.
canyon bed from the needles overlook.
noone in a 25 mile radius.. why do such places attract me all the time?
Monument Valley scenic drive is like a movie set
veiled Woman. More than the rock, its the eye of that artist which first caught it that I admire most. 🙂
Sunset at the Rocky Mountains.. another classic from the slots.
the fish.. this is my best in handling the light shades.. of course the guide will help you with all this ;):P
getaway.. getaway.. u.
Balanced Rock is real and yes unbelievable.
At 7am in -7°C in 7″ snow, what the heck do some people do?
We hiked the Hoodoos.. Kids’ 9th hike is the famous navaho loop in bryce. Our first sub-zero family hike. Thats a lot of, really a lot of preparation.