Do you cook once and eat it for a week? yuck! (sorry, I honestly didn’t mean to insult you) Are you killing your kid’s taste buds and enthusiasm with stale, reheated, boring food? Don’t you agree defrozen items from a Microwave Oven can never ever compare with a Mother’s warm and fresh magic delicacy?
In a world obsessed with Calories but not Kitchen Wisdom, at times when eating out is considered convenient and fashionable but cooking your daily food is looked down, with families hardly having enough time to cook, sit down and eat together, if your kid is NOT saying this everyday, every week, at least once in an year, then you as a parent is a complete failure:
“<grins>Mommy! You are the best cook in the world</grins>”
PYKFTW – NTWFYK
In the Pic below is one of the super man snacks that a kid can get… minapasunni
“ఇంటికి ఇనుము – ఒంటికి మినుము” కదా మరి 🙂
Categories: తెలుగు, family, food, fun, health, indian, kids, kitchen, my, suggestions, traditional recipes
Tags: blackgram recipes, enthusiasm, food, indian, kids, kitchen, minapasunni, parents, super food, taste buds, traditional recipes, wisdom
Just a lil trick I thought worth sharing. When kids say they are not in a mood for breakfast but its time, you can certainly grab the ‘parent’ wand and force them eat something, but thats not what the daddy here does 🙂 I asked them to the kitchen, made them break the eggs, wash the veggies, light up the stove, put the pan and toast some bread slices. In the meantime, I beat the eggs and cut the veggies. Then they added a good amount of garlic salt and jira masala, readied another pan and butter.. One kid wanted a dotted-sauce outlining and the other a linear ketchup border 🙂 Daddy bows like a magician and voila!
Cheddar jack cheese on garlic omlette with 17-grain bread sandwitch is deliciously ready 🙂
and they ate it happily.. thats the finishing touch. Hope this gives you a message. Happy Thanksgiving week 🙂
మట్టి గాడీల్లో మాంచి గెత్తం వేసి, కంటి పాపలా చూసుకుంటూ కొబ్బరినీళ్లు పోసి పెంచుతుంటే, పూలూ పళ్ళ మధ్యన కలుపు మొక్కలు కూడా పెరుగుతాయిరా బుజ్జిగా! వ్యవసాయం చేసేటోడు ఆ పిచ్చిమొక్కల్లో నేలతల్లి బలం చూస్తాడు, నీరు పారిన తీరు చూస్తాడు … సాయంకాలం ఓ గంట ఎక్కువ పనిచేసి కలుపు మొత్తం పీకి పక్కన పోస్తాడు … మర్నాడు పొద్దున్న మరింత అందమైన ప్రపంచాన్ని ముందు రోజు రాత్రి కలల్లోనే చూసేస్తాడు …
అంతేగాని, చేసిన పనికి ఇలాంటి ఫలితం వస్తోందేంటని పని పూర్తిగాకుండానే బెంగ పడిపోయేటోడు, ఆఖరికి అనుకున్నంత ఫలం రాలేదని బావురుమని ఏడ్చేటోడు, అసలు మొత్తం బెడిసికొట్టినా అక్కడితోనే బతుకు తెల్లారిపోయిందని చేతులెత్తీసేవోడు వాడు రైతే కాడు … వాడు మళ్ళీ ప్రయత్నించలేడు .. పడి లేవలేడు ..
అందుకేనేమో బడికెళ్లే పిల్లలదగ్గరనుంచి బడాబడా కంపెనీల్లోని ఇంజినీర్లూ మేనేజర్లవరకూ అందరినీ ఓ ఏడాది తప్పనిసరిగా వ్యవసాయం చెయ్యమని ఆదేశించాలి మన ప్రభుత్వం.
If you are an energy freak but likes a zero glucose, zero fat, zero cholesterol recipe, then this wonder combination with superb amounts of soluble Fiber, symbiotic bacteria, Iron, Potassium and Zinc will be on your menu, salute the Leguminosae. You don’t need guts of steel to digest these but the health burst will surely be visible the next time you go for a hike or hit the gym.. Along with that heavy coat of nicely baked onions and ginger, this will also help tune your body to maintain a steady temperature no matter what the weather is.. Try it out and lemme know. Traditional Indian Recipes never let you down 🙂 #sunday #experiment
Categories: experiments, family, food, fun, health, indian, kitchen, my, recipes, suggestions, traditional recipes
Tags: black eyed peas, body temperature, energy, ginger, horse gram, indian, iron, legumes, leguminosae, nitrogen, onions, potassium, recipes, sinc, soluble fiber, symbiotic bacteria, traditional, zero cholesterol, zero fat
I didn’t see a better example for something that was running in my mind for many months, what can be so wrong with a cuttable kitchen-ready coconut?
No, there is nothing wrong with the coconut or the business model that made it ready for the kitchen. You don’t have to worry about breaking it, no hassle with the safety of your fingers, right?
But the problem is its too much of a convenience. At the cost of what? They cut the coconut in two halves and then drained the actual tasty water that was inside (probably there was another business around bottled coconut water). Then they sealed the two halves with a hard ‘wax’ after filling the space with distilled water and some air. That water is labelled ‘undrinkable’ and you have to drain it after “cutting your coconut” into two nice pieces with a normal kitchen knife.
So far, so good. If you want a coconut along with its natural refreshing water, then buy a normal coconut and break it yourself. Or if you want the convenience and pleasure of cutting it with a normal knife, then buy this.
I thought a ‘convenience’ is something that makes my life easy. The ‘cost’ I am paying in return, often goes into fine print and I was made to conveniently miss it.
There are tons of such conveniences in our every day life and we are silently paying a price. Our lives were just good without any of these conveniences but we chose them, we pay a price and we miss something in the process, something natural, something good.
Don’t jump into any conclusions yet, but lemme give you few more examples:
- We were walking, cycling or taking a public transport to go to a workplace or a museum etc, but now with the transport ‘conveniences’, we go there by a car. Lets not talk about congestion, pollution and global warming now, NOT YET.
- We were buying fresh vegetables, or grow them in backyard, or store them for a short period of time, but with all the storage ‘conveniences’, you hardly eat fresh vegetables but just keep them in refrigerator for a very long time, I have seen people frequently throwing away rotten veggies and spoiled meats, almost every week. Lets not talk about the cost of growing and the cumulative loss now, NOT YET.
- Many of the families have even given up cooking as a daily activity, with the advent of all cuisine ‘conveniences’, that they just eat out every day.. almost every day. I can’t even imagine myself in their shoes but lets not talk about MSDs, health hazards, carcinogenic preservatives used in restaurants and their lethal impact now, NOT YET.
- We were playing outdoor games on a daily basis or spending lot of time outdoors otherwise, but with all the living room ‘conveniences’, we are stuck to TV, I mean your every day entertainment whatever it is. Tell me what is used more frequently? Your TV or your treadmill? Be frank.
- We used to remember by heart, at least 20 phone numbers, another 20 full postal addresses, at least 200 names of people in every day life, people at the vegetable market, grocery store, bus conductors, autowallahs and who not? And the thousands of interactions it triggered, hudreds of relationships and tens of friends. But with all the electronic ‘conveniences’, we hardly remember 2 phone numbers. We don’t go out for shopping groceries, clothes, books at all. The e-commerce is slowly taking it away and yes, there is a ‘one-click’ ordering convenience too. Lets not talk about how many businesses are shutting down in your local area now and the wonderful personal moments you missed just like that, NOT YET.
- We used to go out with different kinds of people and when a true difference came up, we fought, we patched up and then we moved on. We lived a 100 years together in spite of all our differences. But with the advent of friendship ‘conveniences’, you go out with like-minded people. you cut down your risk of getting into a difference. Lets not talk about how you just screwed your mind into a comfy-zone and forever denied it an opportunity to evolve, and thereby run into relationship issues later, NOT YET.
In fact, this list is endless. I don’t want to sound ridiculous or unwelcoming of the modern day changes or the techy pleasantries we enjoy having accustomed to live with.
But I want you to consciously look out and understand the price you are paying for the convenience you are claiming. I am sure it will change your life and lifestyle.
Thanks for reading.
Categories: analysis, entertainment, friends, fun, health, home, life, my, suggestions, urban, world
Tags: conveniences, cost, human, lifestyle, modern, urban, world, wrong
Before we start:
- In POLITY, you first have to get rid of your emotions. That is mandatory, to think clearly, to take better decisions (before or after) getting elected as a leader.
- Even a voter has to do the same thing, get rid of his own emotions to elect his leader. Because the leader gonna change a lot of things for you. and you can change a lot of things for your leader. So, both of you pl do this first.
- Lets then briefly touch upon how America can influence the other countries. Oil, Gold, Dollar Value, Military, Science, Space, Agriculture, Trade, Internet, Secret Services.. These are the major fields where big Daddy is the supreme commander OR share the seat with few others, so can ‘decide’ or ‘veto’ almost anything, LITERALLY. Why am I saying this? because you should understand the difference between MONEY and POWER.. because you should know that a businessman may slow down after a trillion dollars in his pocket, but a power monger can never step back, can never slow down, and is ready to do anything to continue the chair.
- Now lets take a look at this entire election episode from 3 very very very broad angles.. EMOTIONS, POWER and MONEY… and we can then drill down to granules and subjective issues later.
Where do we start?
Identifying and acknowledging the problems at MACRO level is the basic thing to start with. And what are the critical issues now for America? We can broadly say:
- People — Employment, Immigration, Diversity, Co-existence …
- Processes — Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Wages …
- Security — Internal and External, then Terrorism …
- Society — Guns, Drugs, Healthcare, Color, Racism …
- Polity — National and International affairs, State Resources, Imports and Exports …
So how do we take it?
While the manifestos and rosiness of the candidates’ views are debatable enough, it is important you should mention the issues you would tackle in the next few years.. I would prefer you to be frank if you are going for a President. As a common man, I see the top issues as:
- China: Yes, this huge country with enormous man power is crippling many Economies in the world with its behemoth manufacturing capabilities. In a way, China is offloading its burden of over-population very cleverly on every other country. I didn’t say its illegal, I said its clever. And on top of that, China and America have intertwined their Economies so badly that one would surely pull the other down in any eventuality.
- Mexico: Yes, human resource contribution from this country is undeniable. The nuts and bolts of every day American life is mostly a Mexican blessing. But it also brings in other issues like illegal immigrants, drugs, violence, cross boarder crime etc. On a different note, these are common issues every time a rich and poor country duo sit side by side.
- Taxes: The amount of American profits stashed outside this country is just staggering. The wealth of 1-percenters must be respected and handled carefully to encourage them bring that money back, contribute positively and fully to the American society. No way that would happen if you increase taxes. That would be a blunder which would drive many billion dollars away and out.
- Terrorism: Now its truly global and who fed and raised this beast? What is the crux of this violence? How would have Arms deals and International politics influenced this from the beginning? Who were the people behind? What are the profits at stake?
- Freedom: From the hand gun of an octagenerian in a remote farm house, to the music from an LGBT club in the center of a cosmopolitan city, what defined the American life and success is Freedom, Opportunity and Equality. Its admiring work by few of the Statesmen that built the foundations of deveopment in this country. American History is so fascinating for sure and I will study it for my thesis but as of now, I couldn’t stop praising those people and circumstances who resulted in this.
Now come back to the duo who are on the stage!
Both of them are keen to handle their manifestos in their own ways, but who is touching upon all the 5 above? with specifics? And what about the amount of diversion being created in this election? For a minute, forget this is a Presidential race and close your eyes and listen to what is happening:
- Clinton and Obamas: 80% talk emotional, nice quotes completely exploiting the other guy.. very formal and superbly trained professional presentations and speeches.. And hey! Why would you put the other guy’s resume on your own website? and see the content, so nicely written emotional propaganda.. aah! do you want to win? or do you want him to lose? There is a ton of difference..
- And you start your campaign web page with Captain Khan’s place in America. Don’t you? Such an emotional start. I salute him and his family and their sacrifice, but they are being played nicely this time.
- On the other hand, Trump acknowledges the actual problems with solutions I personally think are good but the way he presents them in TV is only fanning emotions… And the videos that are in circulation, the kind of remarks and quips he is known for, are completely unprofessional and seem to be intentional than illogical.
- Lets just talk Taxes for the sake of time, space and complexity in this discussion. Lets ignore the friendship between politicians and billionaires, but just watch the Warren Buffet’s “promotional ” video. Wow, GDP itself is a screwed-up definition, ask any data scientist why including the 1-percenters income in this calculation would grossly influence the overall numbers. Ask a grass root level socialist activist, what percentage of people are on daily wages, middle class etc and how exactly they are represented in the GDP numbers, but what? Buffet is comparing the GDP of 1930 to 2016 and says a six times increase is an achievement? I didn’t expect him to talk like that and it hurts.. aah! What was the cost of living for two when you were a kid, dear Sir? And how can you compare two completely different scenarios? what was America in 1930 and what is it now? Are you really serious an average American is making $56k? How would a daily minimum wage of $10 correlate to the GDP averaging? Such a nice advertisement video with twisted facts..
- Your Inversion laws won’t work. Its a profit made in another country and that money won’t come back to US unless your tax is lesser. “exit taxes” are a joke and you don’t specifically talk implementation details. How can we decide it at all and make it work? Its common sense, that money would never come back with all the phoney affiliates and porous tax laws. Don’t fool the public please. And what? Have you been fighting inversions for the last one year? Another joke.. why didn’t you realize this much earlier? And will you raise $80 billion over the next decade? Thats peanuts when you compare it with the USD that is stashed outside US. You must get the whole cake back, not just a tiny piece of it.
- Fair Share Tax? From the people who have shot down some comprehensive tax reforms to help the common man (Simpson-Bowles commission), you couldn’t “Limit mortgage deduction to exclude 2nd residences, home equity loans, and mortgages over $500,000” etc which was like one of the basic proposals but you want to sugar-coat your tax propositions with a $47 billion income on FST from the top earners? What a pity no one talks about all this on a neutral unemotional platform? And yes ‘middle class‘ is the catchy phrase in all the 3 debates.. grrrr!
- “Buffet Rule” is bad. Instead of overhauling the entire tax code to fix the core problems, you are trying to add another layer of cheese on top of a rotten cake and still boast it? Taxing investment money will kill the economy, enthusiasm to do well, jobs and everything developing. I may sound like a Republican but I am just a common man looking at the complexities of tax from ground zero. Answer me.
- On the other hand, Trump’s vision talks common sense which appeals to me. Talk to any consultant in the Job market and he will explain the myriad ways to exploit the working companies here. Talk to any entrepreneur he will explain how the tax system is killing creativity by making it all so hard. Reducing the brackets, giving importance to child care provisions, raising deductions are what all needed by America now, if you ask me. Trump sounds right there.
- I can go on touching upon many other issues, but thats not my intention. There is something very dramatic in the 2016 American elections and this is the first time I am closely watching a Presidential race in America. I feel sorry that there are too many ’emotions’ involved that they seem more staged than spontaneous. It gives me a feeling this is an election NOT for “eligible voters”, but for “gullible voters”.
- Republicans would have won this time hands down with any dumb nominee, be it anti-incumbancy, be it the Democratic failures, be it a reluctance to give them a 3rd time but the way Trump [is / or projected to be] handling it all in such an unsophisticated way surely is raising eye brows. When Democrats are running for a 3rd time, why would the main opponent suddenly turning out to be a misogynist, foul mouther, divisive politician, bankrupt businessman and a racist? Isn’t it more of a propaganda than what he actually is?
- The largest media house was talking about how bad trump is when the 2005 video came up.. But when Hillary’s campaign emails were leaked, they were talking about privacy laws than the content of the campaign drama. wow. Media is rigged for one time.
- Whether Trump is a conspiracy or not, I don’t see Hillary’s proposals do any good than on paper. And I see valid points in Trump’s positions.
Conclusion for now:
I don’t see two contestants here.. I see only Hillary.. and everything else is working towards making her win… Trump & Video Leaks, Putin & WikiLeaks might be two such cards played on EACH SIDE to let one lady win.. THATS ALL. Don’t let it happen if its true.
If she plays a puppet on the other side to make her own way, let the puppet win and slap the conspiracy.
If this is not a conspiracy, then Trump’s proposals obviously make sense and he MUST win.
But of course, the choice is yours in this great country that has achieved MANY many things in just a few centuries where a bunch of ancient civilizations are still struggling on their knees. I respect America and its choice. Lets see.
thanks for reading. Please leave your comments.
Categories: analysis, money, politics, suggestions
Tags: 2016, analysis, choice, clinton, donald, elections, hillary, tax laws, trump, USA, vote
Ahem! … I finally figured out why Men like their cars more than Women..
- Because a car carefully ‘listens’ to the driver, simply follow his command actions without a hesitation;
- Tries to comfort him all the time with only the “possible/available” resources;
- He can lower the windows anytime for fresh air to stroke his hair affectionately and solace him “silently”;
- He can click a button any time to know where his car is;
- He can drink a beer while still sitting inside the car;
- … and many more.. Please add if you have any points.
WARNING: The above logic doesn’t apply to your ladylove. In fact, Love is always beyond logic, mortals!
Thanks for reading.
Categories: car, cars, life, philosophy, secret, suggestions, travel
Tags: beer, car, cars, fresh air, Love, men, travel, windows, women
Not to sound philosophical, I started to dislike getting stuck in an endless routine.. And what better time than a weekend to vent your gripe?
Contrary to the Karmic philosophy which says a soul takes multiple births based on its bad deeds, I strongly believe the next birth, if at all, is given only to people who do good things here… If you are of the types sung in this folk, you won’t get a chance to be here again… Enjoy this half-minute song:
Categories: తెలుగు, emotions, fun, me, philosophy, suggestions, traits, writing
Tags: folk, life, philosophy, suggestion, telugu, vocal
Its not actually the ‘first’ thing because I am doing this directly from my tax deductions without even receiving the refund. This time I used TurboTax and came across this wonderful feature to be able to donate directly from the refund while filing the returns itself.. And here is my fav list:
$100 -> Emergency Food For Families Fund
$195 -> State Parks Protection Fund/Parks Pass Purchase
$100 -> Keep Arts in Schools Fund
$80 -> America The Beautiful – National Parks Annual pass (ordered separately)
That takes a cool big chunk from my total refund but I am happy and thankful to God for giving me this opportunity to donate. I never want to boast about myself but it just gives me good sleep if I do this 🙂 and probably I can inspire a rich aahs to beat me in this someday 🙂
Categories: california, my, national parks, state parks, suggestions
Tags: donate, god, good sleep, happy, irs, national parks, state parks, suggestion, tax refund, thankful