Few great quotes I admire:
తుప్పుపట్టి చావడం కంటే తుది వరకు జ్వలించడాన్నే ఇష్టపడతాను — మోక్షగుండం విశ్వేశ్వరయ్య.
Western Civilization must endure a certain shame in realizing that no precise equivalent of the term ‘niti’ (Sanskrit word roughly equivalent to “the wise conduct of life”), is found in English, French, Latin or Greek.
– Arthur W Ryder, Professor, University of California, when translating ‘Panchatantra’ from Sanskrit to English.
In the whole world, there is no study so beneficial and so elevating as that of the Upanishads. It has been the solace of my life, it will be solace of my death.
– Schopenhauer, German Philosopher
The Seven Social Sins:
1. politics without principles;
2. wealth without work;
3. pleasure without conscience;
4. knowledge without character;
5. commerce without morality;
6. science without humanity;
7. worship without sacrifice.